The Multnomah County office of Legal Aid also provides legal assistance to low income people through clinics with the assistance of private attorneys and law firms. The following are some of our clinics. For further information about any of these clinics, call (503) 224-4086.
- Free 45-minute class designed to provide basic information about the bankruptcy process. No income requirement to attend the class.
- Pre-screened, Legal Aid elegible clients can also meet with a private attorney for advice or representation in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Evening clinic is held in Beaverton and Portland and open to residents of Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, Columbia, and Yamhill counties.
Domestic Violence Project
- Legal advice and referral to private attorneys for victims of domestic violence with restaining order and stalking protective order issues.
Pro Se Assistance Project
- Daytime clinic co-sponsored with the Multnomah County Family Law Court and held at the Multnomah County Courthouse.
- Private attorneys provide free 45-minute consultations to clients with specific family law questions or people who need help when completing their own family law forms.
Senior Law Project
- Free legal services to people who are 60 years or older (or who are married to someone at least 60 years old).
- To be eligible, the client must live in Multnomah County or have a legal issue in Multnomah County.
- Volunteer attorneys meet with clients at neighborhood senior centers.
- People may make appointments directly by calling one of the senior centers or by calling Legal Aid to get the telephone number for one of the centers.
- There is no charge for the first 30-minute appointment at the center. Legal Aid eligible clients are eligible for continued free legal services from a volunteer attorney.
- Volunteers and staff may be able to meet with eligible clients at home, in nursing homes, adult foster homes, or in hospitals when necessary.
Legal Aid Night Clinic
- Evening clinic co-sponsored with Stoel Rives law firm.
- Advice and possible representation for a number of civil legal matters including debt collection, Social Security and SSI terminations, wills, probate, guardianship, expungements, small claims, and uninsured motorist cases.
For further information about any of these clinics, call (503) 224-4086.